Varney & Co. this morning, Judge Andrew Napolitano indicated that he has recently spoken with Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) and believes that the libertarian-leaning lawmaker “unequivocally” did not change his position on drone strikes, despite how many people interpreted his recent remarks on the network.While speaking with Neil Cavuto on Monday evening, Sen. Paul said that he would have been okay with law enforcement utilizing unmanned drones during the manhunt for Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. “If someone comes out of a liquor store with a weapon and fifty dollars in cash, I don’t care if a drone kills him or a policeman kills him,” Paul said as he described how drones would be fine in a situation where “a killer is on the loose in a neighborhood.”Speaking with Stuart Varney this morning, Napolitano said he talked to the senator on the phone this morning and he believes that the answer to whether the senator — once a frequent guest on the judge’s former FBN show Freedom Watch — changed his position on drones is: “An unequivocal no.”“The filibuster was about the concept of targeted assassinations, about the president picking and choosing who to kill in the U.S.. or elsewhere… Read full this story
- Rand Paul’s Hostile Takeover of the Republican Party Is Getting More Hostile
- Rand Paul and the Fizzling of America’s Libertarian Moment
- Coronavirus in Connecticut: Live updates, hour-by-hour
- Manchester Arena bomber Salman Abedi's brother Hashem is found guilty of 22 counts of murder after UK's biggest terror trial as new footage is released of jihadi's police interview
- The Brighton jihadists: bullied brothers who went into battle
- Fate of 'Phase Three' coronavirus stimulus package uncertain after Senate fails to move forward amid Dem opposition
- Pelosi's coronavirus stimulus includes return of 'Obamaphones,' other unrelated items, GOP says
- Politics Group-Chat: What to Make of Roy Moore Winning the Alabama’s GOP Senate Race?
- Silicon Valley Confronts Its Peter Thiel Problem
- Pope Francis Isn’t Catholicism’s Trump
Judge Napolitano To FBN: Rand Paul ‘Unequivocally’ Did Not Change Position On Drone Strikes have 325 words, post on www.mediaite.com at April 24, 2013. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.