Warrington playmaker Stefan Ratchford has denied he is poised for a shock return to former club Salford. But he admits he still goes back to watch Reds as often as possible. Sunday’s Challenge Cup fifth round clash at the Halliwell Jones Stadium will be a bitter-sweet moment for the England World Cup hopeful. City Reds owner Marwan Koukash has pledged to re-sign a handful of ex Salford stars tempted away in recent seasons, including Ratchford, team mate Richie Myler, Matty Smith (Wigan) and Daniel Holdsworth (Hull FC). “I think you have got to take what Marwan says with a pinch of salt,” says Ratchford, 24. “I’ve heard the rumours but I have not signed for Salford. “I’ve still got a couple of years left on my contract at Warrington and it’s up to them whether I stay or go. “But I still have great affection for Salford. I was there eight years from the age of 15 and I still go to watch games when I can.” Warrington are chasing a fourth Wembley final win in five seasons while Brian Noble will be in charge of his first cup tie since becoming Salford boss. “I was a bit gutted when… Read full this story
- Time, gentlemen: when will the last all-male clubs admit women?
- Retirement vs child’s future: What should you prioritise?
- David Hayes to hand down All-Star Mile decision for Fifty Stars following tilt at Australian Cup
- Timo Werner's future in Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp's hands - Kaveh Solhekol, The Insider
- A new dawn: Boris Johnson will say that Brexit is 'not an end, but a beginning' while hailing a new era and promising to transform neglected regions of Britain - as the nation leaves EU at 11pm TONIGHT
- Man Utd ‘may sacrifice De Gea to raise funds for summer transfer spree’ with Sancho, Grealish and Maddison targeted
- No guarantees over my Newcastle United future, says Rafael Benítez
- Boris Johnson let off hook as Heathrow expansion plans are blocked – but what will happen now?
- Super League: Castleford Tigers' plan for Israel Folau and Sunday's talking points
- Stephen Ostrow: King Queen
Letting the club decide: Salford target Stefan Ratchford's leaving his future in Warrington's hands have 349 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 10, 2013. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.