Rafe Esquith, a famous public-school teacher and author, filed a $1 billion proposed class-action lawsuit in October that made some shocking allegations against the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD). The 61-year-old teacher was forced out of the classroom and sent to a place he called “teacher jail” after he supposedly made a joke about nudity, according to the complaint. (Esquith says he simply read his students a Mark Twain passage.) This week, LAUSD – which previously only spoke generally of the misconduct that led to Esquith’s firing, released a document of the alleged details that led to his dismissal. The document alleges a 40-year history of sexual and physical misconduct commencing before Esquith was an LA Unified teacher, and continuing through his time with the district. Esquith is not currently charged with a crime. One of the claims in the document alleges that during Esquith’s time as a counselor at a Jewish community center in the 1970s, he touched the genitals of two boys and a girl, according to the document. The document also alleges that Esquith, as an LA Unified teacher, repeatedly used inappropriate sexual innuendo, as well as overt sexual or harassing language with students. “With a… Read full this story
- The rise and rise of COVID-19: Florida sets ominous record of 15,300 new infections - the highest single-day total for any state - while three Arizona teachers who shared classroom catch the virus and one dies as its morgues hit 97% capacity
- School Reopening Plans Met With Skepticism From Teachers, Parents
- Joe Biden Fights Science: ‘Just Plain Dangerous’ for Children to Return to School
- Congress under pressure to provide billions for school openings
- Supreme Court Rules Religious Schools Are Constitutionally Protected Against Discrimination Laws
- Teacher held for raping 14-year-old in Nadiad
- Trump's threat to defund education adds pressure to schools squeezed by coronavirus
- Spread out desks, half-empty buses: Schools plan to reopen
- Letter signed by 1,500 paediatricians demands Boris Johnson publish a clear plan for getting children back to school before generation of pupils are left 'scarred for life'
- Florida teachers are updating their WILLS ahead of returning to the classroom as COVID-19 cases surpass 300,000 in the state
LA schools hit back at a teacher who’s suing the district for $1 billion with some shocking allegations of their own have 350 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at December 11, 2015. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.