Fatih Akin Film Series in HCMC 18, 19, 25, 26 Mar and 01, 02 Apr 2016, 7.15 pm Cinema 3, Cinebox As part of the Fatih Akin Film Series, the Goethe-Institut Vietnam presents a selection of films by the German director in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. The work of Fatih Akin, who has a Turkish background, is more topical and relevant than ever, dealing with issues of migration and identity, culture and homeland. The Goethe-Institut will screen films of various genres: from a musical portrait of a bustling metropolis on two continents to an intercultural comedy to a historical drama – Fatih Akin’s films appeal to a variety of emotions. As every year, the Film Series offers a diverse and entertaining programme for the interested public. Please note that the age rating of all films is 16 years. Fatih Akin, born in Hamburg 1973, is a movie director, scriptwriter, actor and producer of Turkish descent. In his movies, he deals with themes like identity, culture and home. Fatih Akin became internationally known in 2004 with his movie “Head-on”, for which he won the Berlin International Film Festival’s Golden Bear. Since then he has been awarded numerous prizes, for…
- Donald Trump 'was told to cancel flights from Europe by deputy security chief in February but refused to until March - and ignored daily intelligence briefings that China was covering up the severity of coronavirus'
- Coronavirus update: Scott Morrison announces strict new quarantine rules, new cases decline for second day, US overtakes China's tally
- Coronavirus live updates: Testing site opens at Alameda Fairgrounds
- Coronavirus live updates: Nearly 1,000 cases among US battleship’s sailors
- Coronavirus live updates: 3 million cases worldwide
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area shelter-in-place to stay through May
- Coronavirus live updates: SF temporarily bans cars on key streets in Golden Gate, McLaren parks
- Coronavirus live updates: SF bans cars on key streets in Golden Gate, McLaren parks
- Coronavirus live updates: Bay Area ICU cases tick back upward
- Coronavirus updates: Bay Area hospitalizations hit lowest point since data was available
WHAT'S ON MARCH 15-31 (DAILY UPDATE) have 320 words, post on at March 14, 2016. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.