We all know what it's like to look at someone on TV and wish we had their body. Whether it's perfectly toned arms or a perky as all hell bum, we've been trained since infancy to think that our bodies aren't good enough, and to try and aspire to the kind of physique which takes hours a day and tonnes of money to achieve. A 48-hour itinerary for experiencing the authentic Algarve – without a golf club in sight The pressure to look like celebrities is an issue that we often hear discussed in relation to young women, and while that's a very real issue, it's sometimes forgotten that men can be equally damaged by pressure to look a certain way. This issue is exemplified by the news that steroid usage among men has quadrupled since Love Island was on telly. According to YouGov, 16 to 24-year-old men using anabolic steroids rose from 0.1 to 0.4 per cent between 2015-16 and 2016-17. Those numbers might look teeny, but what they actually mean is that 19,000 more young men took steroids last year. Steroids are not your friend. Yes, they might initially improve your muscle growth, but they also come with… Read full this story
- Meet the cast of Love Island Australia series two with an OnlyFans model, football star and international DJ
- Love Island 2019 Episode 5 – what happened last night? Recap, gossip and highlights from the fifth episode
- Olivia Buckland EXCLUSIVE: Love Island star teases her wedding to Alex Bowen... as she admits she was 'never ready' for a relationship in the villa
- Love Island’s Megan Barton-Hanson revealed as escort who dated Sugar Daddies and was showered with cash and gifts
- 'He put the eyes to me!' Love Island star Kaz Crossley claims Rihanna's ex Chris Brown slid into her DMs
- Love Island's Olivia Bowen proudly displays her psoriasis in racy lilac lingerie after revealing she's struggled with the condition since she was 17
- Love Island 2021 'could be filmed in Devon or Cornwall as bosses prepare to change location for summer series after it was postponed due to Covid pandemic'
- 'I've become obsessed with how to feed my baby!' Love Island's Dani Dyer admits she can't stop comparing herself to other breastfeeding mums
- Love Island's Jack Fincham flaunts his VERY trim physique and six pack as he prepares to make his boxing debut after getting fit in lockdown
- Love Island's Dani Dyer shares adorable new snap of her son Santiago... after admitting she can't stop comparing herself to other breastfeeding mums
Steroid use is four times higher since Love Island have 421 words, post on metro.co.uk at July 28, 2017. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.