0 Have your say Four in 10 people have less than £6.60 per day left over for themselves after spending on essential bills, a report has found. A survey from Nationwide Building Society said 41% of people have less than £6.60 left over.Across the UK, the average amount of cash people have left over for discretionary spending is £13.22, Nationwide found.Two-thirds (66%) of people were found to have reduced their outgoings to cover essential bills.Nearly a third (30%) had missed payments in the past year, with utility bills, rent and insurance the most likely payments skipped.Despite feeling the squeeze, many people were unwilling to take money from their longer-term savings pots. One in seven (14%) people said paying into a pension was something they would not be willing to cut back on when looking to have more ready cash.Alongside a survey of 2,000 people from across the UK, Nationwide’s Spending Report also analysed more than 700 million customer transactions to find how spending habits have changed.The research found customers are spending around £87.80 more per month on essentials typically than they were a year ago.More than two-thirds (67%) of people believe it is harder to survive each month financially now… Read full this story
- Adams Is Keeping a Low Profile as Election Day Nears
- Three years and 60 accusers later, Bill Cosby's trial begins
- Live Oak Bancshares Inc (LOB) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Residents wake up to find homes, cars and streets blanketed in strange 'white powder'
- What the cost of living crisis means for you - from heating your home to higher taxes
- Apple Reports 4Q 2018 Results: $14.1B Profit on $62.9B Revenue, 46.9M iPhones
- Coronavirus RECAP: Minute's silence for NHS heroes who've lost their lives
- HPV vaccine is making cervical cancer a 'thing of the past': Jabs prevent up to 90% of cases of the disease, major study finds
- Art sales set $2.7 bn record; Jean-Michel Basquiat remains highest-selling artist at $93.1 mn
- LTC Properties Inc (LTC) Q1 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
Four in ten live on less than £6.60 a day after essential, report finds have 314 words, post on www.yorkshirepost.co.uk at August 30, 2018. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.