Former NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg teamed up with Gov. Brown at Thursday’s Global Summit to attack President Trump for withdrawing from the UN’s Paris Climate Change Agreement. The Co-Chairmen of the Global Climate Action Summit called a press conference at San Francisco’s Moscone Convention Center to promote their ‘America’s Pledge Initiative’ that calls for actions by states, cities and businesses and other non-national actors in the United States to drive down their greenhouse gas emissions consistent with the goals of the Paris Agreement.Gov. Brown said: “It borders not only on insanity but criminality. The only way we’re going to get global warming under control is the reduce the big pollutants,” according to PBS News. Brown was especially harsh regarding President Trump’s attempt in early August to try to roll back California’s corporate average fuel economy standards (CAFE) for vehicle fuel mileage and the prior administration’s methane gas emissions rules: “It borders not only on insanity but criminality. The only way we’re going to get global warming under control is to reduce the big pollutants.” America’s Pledge claims the key to achieve the 2015 Paris Agreement’s goal to cut U.S. carbon emissions by 2025 to 28 percent less than 2005 levels, given… Read full this story
- Michael Bloomberg WON'T run for president in 2020
- Michael Bloomberg says won't run for US president in 2020
- Targeting climate change, Washington governor joins Democratic race
- Bacon-sandwich-loving Ed Miliband says Brits should eat less meat to tackle climate change
- Should young people be protesting about climate change?
- Follow the children’s lead on climate
- Donald Trump suggests Brazil could join Nato as he meets Jair Bolsonaro
- NZ mosques attacked; Brexit delay & Trump wall votes
- Trump’s UN pick thin on foreign policy, long on political connections
- Ham&High letters: The Magdala, parking, supporting Christchurch, climate protests, People’s Vote, scaffolding site and Theresa May
Michael Bloomberg Joins Gov. Brown to Attack Trump on Climate Change have 312 words, post on www.breitbart.com at September 15, 2018. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.