Here are the stories you shouldn’t miss today:TOP STORIESClaims of a White House Cover-UpThe House Democrats’ impeachment investigation, centered on President Trump’s efforts to get Ukraine to help him against political rival Joe Biden, has gained strength after a whistleblower’s extraordinary complaint became public. The nine-page, partially redacted document (read it here) details a string of allegations that Trump was hijacking U.S. foreign policy for personal gain and a claim that White House officials tried to “lock down” records of the president’s actions. The news prompted House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to say it was an attempted “cover-up” — and drew furious reaction from Trump. Speaking at a private event, the president likened the whistleblower and White House aides who helped him or her as “almost a spy” and suggested it was treason, alluding to execution. (Listen to his remarks here.) By contrast, acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire told Congress the whistleblower “did the right thing” and “followed the law every step of the way.”More About the Scandal— Rep. Adam B. Schiff (D-Burbank), chairman of the House Intelligence Committee and one of Trump’s favorite targets, now finds himself as the face of Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.— Timeline: the main events… Read full this story
- Lil Pump banned from flying JetBlue after rapper refuses to wear face mask on flight: report
- The Spot: Coloradans’ role on a dark day, delegitimizing the election and Denver’s minimum wage goes up
- Donald Trump's ultimate outrage
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's rocky 2020: All of the ups and downs ahead of couple's 'imminent' divorce
- Best waterproof camera for shooting underwater video in 2021
Newsletter: Claims of a White House cover-up have 270 words, post on www.latimes.com at September 27, 2019. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.