American Veterans who risked their lives in the Afghanistan and Iraq wars are increasingly opposing foreign interventionism that continues to dominate the Washington, DC, political establishment. The latest Pew Research Center survey on the issue finds that 64 percent of Veterans say the Iraq War is "not worth fighting," along with 62 percent of all American adults who agree. Only 33 percent of Veterans say the Iraq War is worth fighting. Likewise, nearly 60 percent of Veterans and all American adults say the Afghanistan War was not worth the fight. Less than 40 percent say the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan was worth fighting. (Pew Research Center) In interviews with the New York Times , Veterans explained their support for President Trump's effort to end what he has dubbed the "endless wars" across the Middle East which has cost hundreds of thousands of lives. "All in all, it is a lot of wasted lives and money and time and effort spent to accomplish a goal we never accomplished," said 31-year-old Tyler Wade, who received a Purple Heart for his service in Afghanistan, told the Times . Veteran Dan Caldwell said American men and women signed up to defend their homeland against… Read full this story
- Unwanted Truths: Inside Trump’s Battles With U.S. Intelligence Agencies
- Fact Check: Did President Trump pass the VA Choice Act, as he says?
- Paramount+ Thinks Live Channels Can Make Your Streaming Life Easier
- EuroMillions-winning couple's heartwarming surprise for 104-year-old war veteran
- Trump curses out Netanyahu over his congratulating Biden on election win
- Exclusive — Donald Trump: U.S. ‘Much Weaker Now’ Under Joe Biden
- Trump war with GOP seeps into midterms
- Endless Legend: The Kotaku Review
- The Wounded Warrior Experience: How veterans are coping with the withdrawal from Afghanistan
- How Biden Should Investigate Trump
Veterans Oppose the Endless Wars, Back Trump: 'A Lot of Wasted Lives' have 292 words, post on www.breitbart.com at November 4, 2019. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.