At the Democratic debate in Des Moines, Iowa Tuesday, Senator Bernie Sanders took former Vice President Joe Biden to task for his support of the war in Iraq during the Bush administration. Sanders said he never believed what he was told by the Bush administration about the war and made every effort to stop the armed conflict from happening. “The war in Iraq turned out to be the worst foreign policy blunder in the modern history of this country,” Sanders said. “As Joe well knows, we lost 4,500 brave troops. Hundreds of thousands of Iraqis died. We have spent trillions of dollars on that endless war, money which should go into health care and education and infrastructure in this country.” “Joe and I listened to what Dick Cheney and George Bush and [Donald] Rumsfeld had to say,” Sanders continued. “I thought they were lying. I didn’t believe them for a moment.” “I took to the floor,” Sanders added. “I did everything I could to prevent that war. Joe saw it differently.” Biden has told reporters that he was in opposition to the Iraq War from its inception, saying that he opposed President George W. Bush’s decisions. “From the moment ‘shock… Read full this story
- Joe Francis's Secret War Against Gawker
- Five ways America would take a hard left under Joe Biden
- To energize young voters, Biden must recapture spirit of 2008 campaign
- Team Trump ‘Desperately’ Wants Bush to Endorse Biden. Some Dems Love the Idea, Too.
- Biden and BLM must set aside differences, focus on beating Trump
- Will Bernie Sanders’ backers get behind Biden? Key endorsement vote will be a sign
- Who could be Joe Biden's vice-presidential candidate?
- Bernie Sanders’ California forces want Ro Khanna — not Newsom — to lead state delegation
- Joe Biden APOLOGIZES for telling radio host Charlamagne tha God 'if you have a problem figuring out if you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black' and says 'I shouldn't have been such a wise guy'
- Trump Needs an Opponent to Demonize. It’s Hard to Do That to Uncle Joe.
Bernie Sanders Calls Out Joe Biden for Support of Iraq War: 'I Did Everything I Could to Prevent That War... Joe Saw it Differently' have 336 words, post on www.newsweek.com at January 14, 2020. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.