Citizens from Montenegro and Serbia will no longer be allowed to enter the EU, under revised travel rules The UK accused Russian intelligence services of trying to steal data from virus vaccine researchers German officials agreed new restrictive measures to avoid a second wave Venezuela has announced a “radical quarantine” for the capital Caracas A memorial ceremony for COVID-19 victims has been held in Madrid All updates in Universal Coordinated Time (UTC/GMT) 23:59 We have now closed this article for live updates. For the latest developments on coronavirus, visit here . 22:30 Non-essential travel across US land borders with Canada and Mexico will continue to be prohibited until at least August 21, as COVID-19 cases in the US continue to surge. Border crossings will be allowed for commercial traffic, people returning to their home country, commuters and people traveling for family care, educational or humanitarian reasons. Travel for tourism and shopping is prohibited, which has had an economic impact on border communities. Restrictions on cross-border traffic began in March and have been repeatedly extended in 30-day blocks. 20:00 The total number of COVID-19 cases in the United States rose to over 3.5 million , as the country struggles to contain the spread… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson's Brexit ultimatum: Transition period WILL end in December 2020 as PM vows to set in it law to scupper EU delaying tactics – after posing with his 109 first-time MPs who won seat in Tory landslide
- Boris Johnson parties the night away with Carrie Symonds at Annabel's nightclub as he celebrates historic election victory alongside A-list celebrities Mick Jagger, Anna Friel, Princess Beatrice... and even ex-PM David Cameron and wife Samantha
- 'Many are blaming me. I can't imagine why?' Donald Trump claims HE is being blamed for Hong Kong violence as he touts footage of Chinese military build-up near city and says 'be calm and safe'
- Death truck was in convoy of THREE: Devastated families say more than 100 migrants were smuggled into UK but only two lorries made it - as two new victims are named and wife tells how she helped victim raise £11k for trip
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 17
- Britain's top 100 influencers revealed: Gamers, lifestyle and fitness vloggers are among the YouTubers making eye-watering fortunes from their millions of followers
- Full text of Finance Minister Piyush Goyal's 2019 Budget speech
- Brexit, the Beast from the East and plenty of bouncing Royal babies: As the decade draws to a close, MailOnline looks back on ten years marked by political turmoil, extreme weather and the Queen's acting debut at the Olympics
- Best Prime Day Deals 2019: Final Update
- Awesome Tech You Can’t Buy Yet: Robot arms and keychain-sized hard drives
Coronavirus latest: EU revises safe travel list, removes Serbia and Montenegro have 431 words, post on www.dw.com at January 16, 2020. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.