Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez took aim at Joe Biden in a Wednesday tweet, criticizing the former vice president for his support of the Iraq War, his record of trying to freeze funding to Social Security and saying he’d be “open to a Republican running mate.”Biden has come under significant criticism, particularly from fellow presidential hopeful Senator Bernie Sanders and his supporters, for his vote on the resolution that allowed President George W. Bush’s Iraq invasion and Biden’s repeated efforts to curb Social Security funding while in Congress. Ocasio-Cortez, a New York Democrat, has repeatedly criticized Biden, even suggesting earlier this month that they shouldn’t be in the same political party.”I don’t understand why some folks run as if the internet doesn’t exist. Joe Biden helped sell the invasion of Iraq and spent years working to cut social security, Medicare, and Medicaid. He’s open to a Republican running mate,” the progressive congresswoman, who has endorsed Sanders’ campaign, tweeted Wednesday,”Spin it however you want, but those are the facts,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote, sharing a post by the Vermont senator criticizing Biden on Social Security. In Sanders’ original tweet, the Vermont senator wrote: “Let’s be honest, Joe. One of us fought for decades to cut… Read full this story
- Joe Biden: The Rolling Stone Interview
- Joe Biden Officially Enters the 2020 Race
- Why Joe Biden Turned Down $38 Million
- Joe Biden Tells Donors That Donald Trump Picked the Wrong Guy to Fight With: 'I'm Going to Beat Him Like a Drum'
- Biden has ‘no problem’ with Bloomberg running for president
- Justice Democrats Promises To Oppose Joe Biden’s Presidential Bid
- Cory Booker And Kamala Harris Are Trying To Pull Obama’s Legacy Away From Joe Biden
- Joe Biden: Democratic frontrunner jokes about age questions
- Iraq War vet and 2020 candidate Seth Moulton sees replay unfolding with Iran
- Will Biden lead a 'return to normalcy' in 2020?
AOC Calls Out Joe Biden For Selling The 'Invasion Of Iraq' And Being 'Open To A Republican Running Mate' have 309 words, post on www.newsweek.com at January 22, 2020. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.