News Desk (Agence France-Presse) Beirut, Lebanon ● Mon, March 2, 2020 2020-03-02 04:40 1170 7f440ff09e92db75a02bbad20679cf68 2 World #Turkey,#Syria,soldiers,killed,drone-attack Free Turkish drone strikes in Syria’s Idlib province killed 19 regime soldiers on Sunday, a war monitor reported, as tensions soared between Damascus and Ankara. The 19 died in strikes on a military convoy in the Jabal al-Zawiya area and a base near Maaret al-Numan city, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said. The report came hours after Turkey shot down two Syrian warplanes, in an escalating offensive against the Damascus regime in the country’s northwestern province of Idlib. Following weeks of violence in and around Idlib, Turkey confirmed the launch of a full military operation against Russian-backed Syrian forces after 34 Turkish soldiers died last week in an air strike blamed on Damascus. Tensions have intensified between rebel backer Turkey and the regime’s main ally Moscow, but Ankara has insisted it does not want to clash directly with Russian forces. The Syrian regime has vowed to retake the last opposition enclave in a nine-year civil war. Ankara has also pressured Europe over the conflict by opening its border for migrants already in Turkey to cross into the continent. The confrontation… Read full this story
- Six Syrian soldiers killed as regime army and Turkish military clash for first time since offensive
- Soldiers killed as Kashmir tensions mount
- Turkish warplanes strike ISIS targets in Syria
- U.S. Military Admits It Has Killed Civilians in Somalia After All
- Inside a filthy Syrian prison camp where thousands of orange-jumpsuited ISIS extremists - including British jihadists - are locked up after the 'caliphate' fell to pieces
- 'We're ready to go in': Turkish army confirms preparations to invade Syria 'are complete' as explosions are seen on the border - as Donald Trump says 'let them take care of it' after pulling troops from the area despite fears for safety of
- Syrian regime claims Turkey is ALREADY striking Kurdish targets as U.S. troops withdraw, Republican fury at 'betrayal' grows, and Donald Trump claims he has told Turkish leader: 'Any of our people get hurt - big trouble'
- Syrian and Turkish armies in deadly border clash
- Turkey, Syria exchange first intense fire since Turkish assault in northern Syria: watchdog
- Turkish border guards sweep up fuel smugglers and Isis fighters alike
19 Syrian soldiers killed in Turkish drone strikes: Monitor have 378 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at March 2, 2020. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.