County cricketers will take “maximum reductions” in their salaries for April and May during the coronavirus crisis and have agreed to waive £1m in prize money this year. A collective player agreement has been drawn up by the Professional Cricketers’ Association, the England and Wales Cricket Board and the 18 first-class counties, in a bid to protect the domestic game.Players will also agree to be furloughed if asked by their county, with Essex announcing they will place their playing staff and majority of off-field personnel on the Government’s job retention scheme. The Covid-19 pandemic has led to all cricket in England being shut down until at least May 28 and, with the expectation being that there will be further postponements, all parties have taken action to mitigate financial hardship.A PCA statement on Wednesday read in part: “Discussions between the PCA, ECB and 18 first-class counties reached a conclusion today, with all parties supporting an initial two-month agreement that will see maximum reductions to player salaries and relinquishing of domestic prize money.”PCA chairman Daryl Mitchell said: “The coronavirus pandemic will continue to put financial pressure on the game and this initial two-month agreement will support the game for the period of… Read full this story
- Liam Plunkett lifts lid on American dream as England star leaves county cricket for US
- ICC T20 World Cup 2020 Postponed Due To Coronavirus Pandemic | Cricket News
- Ben Stokes wife: Who is the England cricketer married to?
- Natwest pledges £5bn working capital support for business customers in coronavirus
- New data proves predictions of skyrocketing domestic violence
- Pandemic unemployment benefits and eviction protections have expired. Here's what federal help is still available
- Italy Locks Down Much of the Country’s North Over the Coronavirus
- BCCI Urged To Introduce Central Contracts In Domestic Cricket | Cricket News
- Sunday shows - Biden domestic agenda, Texas abortion law dominate
- Coronavirus RECAP: UK may need tougher lockdown restrictions, minister warns
Coronavirus: County cricketers sign off on support package to protect domestic game have 310 words, post on www.skysports.com at April 8, 2020. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.