The parents of an 11-year-old Wellington girl are upset their daughter’s name and photo have been used by a political candidate for an anti-rainbow “smear campaign”. A social media post which was shared last week to the Facebook page of the New Conservative Party’s Elliot Ikilei, names Charli Bickerton, 11, who recently featured on KEA Kids News going behind the scenes of Circa Theatre’s The Glitter Garden, a drag show for children. “Highly sexualised, heavy make-up on a child,” Ikilei wrote about Charli in his post, which links to her news story. He also inferred that drag queens were “grooming” children. Natasha and Blair Bickerton, say their daughter’s story for Stuff channel KEA Kids News has been misappropriated and used for political purpose, as an attack on the rainbow community. READ MORE:KEA Kids News: Going behind the glitter and glee of New Zealand’s first drag musical for kidsJacinda Ardern promises Facebook and fiscal transparency for election 2020Queenstown mayor Jim Boult subject of ‘orchestrated smear campaign’ but not blackmail, police say Ikilei did not seek any permission to use their daughter’s identifying details in his post, nor would they have allowed it, under any circumstances. They had asked Ikilei to remove the… Read full this story
- Panipat shocker: 11-year-old girl raped by cousin, who used to teach her
- This 11-year-old girl cheers up isolated nursing home residents by bringing her pony to their windows
- Man, 21, ‘hid in 12-year-old girl’s bedroom for a MONTH while molesting her after they met on Snapchat’
- Serial fraudster, 28, caught in Sydney after being put into foster care by 'posing as 13-year-old schoolgirl and scamming an iPad, mobile phones and travel cards from charity'
- Effortlessly elegant! Jude Law's 19-year-old daughter Iris models Fendi's latest handbag in retro chic campaign
- Heidi Montag proves she's still Playboy material donning just a tee shirt... 11 years after covering the magazine
- Kim Kardashian calls her four-year-old son Saint her 'twin in every way' as she posts side-by-side childhood photos
- 'Can you imagine a 30-odd-year-old singing Love Machine? No thanks!' Cheryl insists there'll be 'no reunions' for Girls Aloud in unearthed clip... after Nicola Roberts teases new music
- I raped her for turning down my advances, 29-year-old man confesses
- This is why cyclist who knocked down mother-of-two in deadly crash was dealt with under little-used 150-year-old law
Candidate uses photo of 11-year-old girl for anti-rainbow 'smear campaign' have 384 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at October 13, 2020. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.