PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — There’s a school dispute in Montgomery County. Some parents in the Abington School District don’t feel it’s safe right now to send their children back to school for in-person learning. Parents say they want to stick with remote learning, for now, to protect their families during the pandemic. There was a meeting last week and parents say that one didn’t go so well. There’s another meeting happening Tuesday, and parents who are in favor of remote learning say they hope it continues. “Recently, there’s been a little bit of a divide in our community because the topic of reopening the schools for a potential hybrid program,” one parent said. Parents say times like this should bring out resilience, but that’s not the case for the Abington School District. “We really feel this is a public health crisis and whether or not you choose to go virtual or hybrid, ultimately a decision to open up the schools at all is going to put our community at risk,” one parent said. They go by the name “Keep Our Abington School Community Safe.” The group is made up of parents who are in favor of continuing remote learning past the… Read full this story
- School district member apologizes for being in dark about East Bay high school
- School's back and education continues at Massaro Community Farm.
- Meet The District 1 Candidates For Denver's School Board
- Meet The At-Large Candidates For Denver's School Board
- Bullying: How District 146 Tackles The Issue
- Meet The District 5 Candidates For Denver's School Board
- Arlington School Officials Respond To Antisemitic Graffiti, Meme
- CA Pushed Back School Start Times, Now What?
- Enroll For 2017: 5 Sugar Land After-School Programs
- Philadelphia’s Housing Authority Bought a High School: What Does That Mean for One of the City's Poorest Neighborhoods?
Abington School District Parent Group Lobbying For Continued Remote Learning To Keep Families Safe have 296 words, post on philadelphia.cbslocal.com at October 19, 2020. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.