The maker of top cleaning brands including Dettol and Cillit Bang, Reckitt Benckiser (RB), has reported a recovery in condom sales thanks to relaxed coronavirus restrictions. The FTSE 100 company, which has been among the few winners in the COVID-19 crisis to date thanks to its household hygiene and healthcare products, reported a 9.5% lift in net revenue to £3.5bn during its third quarter. RB said that was mainly driven by continued strong demand for disinfectants – with sales of Dettol-branded sprays, wipes and liquid up more than 50% on the same July-September period last year. Like-for-like sales were almost 20% higher in the company’s hygiene business and 12.6% up in its health division, which includes Durex condoms and Mucinex cold medicine. RB had pointed to a sharp drop in demand for condoms during the spring virus lockdowns across Europe. Advertisement But it said on Tuesday: “Following a more challenging first half of the year, relaxations of social distancing regulations resulted in improved demand for our sexual well-being products, including Durex, which saw double digit growth in revenue. “This has been particularly pronounced in markets where the rate of pandemic infection has materially improved.” More from Business Heathrow issues plea… Read full this story
- Dell beats revenue estimates as remote working lifts workstation demand
- Coronavirus: WHO calls for vaccine to be shared 'for public good'
- VECV's April production likely to fall if spread of coronavirus continues
- 'We sold eight bikes in 20 minutes!' Will the cycling boom last?
- COVID-19: Zoom earnings double as virus use booms
- Bike boom: UK sales up 60% in April as Covid-19 changes lifestyles
- Africa's tourism industry is preparing for a post-coronavirus era
- Bharti Airtel, Vodafone-Idea mobile revenues expected to fall in Q1 due to lockdown: Report
- Zoom's Covid boom poses a challenge for big tech like Google, Apple
- Retail sales crushed by coronavirus in April
Coronavirus: Durex enjoys 'double-digit' revenue growth in Reckitt Benckiser sales boom have 296 words, post on news.sky.com at October 20, 2020. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.