SINGAPORE: Role playing as Republican candidate Donald Trump in a mock presidential debate in Singapore on Wednesday (Oct 27), Tina Datta argued valiantly against her Democratic counterparts, but ultimately lost. Despite trying hard to sway an audience of university students at Tembusu College to the conservative cause, the final vote tally at the National University of Singapore programme was 87 to 13, in the Democrats' favour. The debate, which was moderated by college rector Professor Tommy Koh, was held just days before a deeply divided America goes to the polls on Nov 3. Partly due to the COVID-19 pandemic, more than 80 million Americans as of Thursday across all states have voted early. Mr Trump and his running mate Mike Pence face Democratic candidates Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, with the latter team currently leading in most opinion polls. Still, Ms Datta, who chairs the Republicans Overseas Singapore, is undeterred by how Singapore students perceived Mr Trump. Her organisation is the Republican Party's official association for its citizens living outside America. Having heard what Singaporeans had to say of her party's nominee over the years, Ms Datta noted that youths are often focused on his environmental policies, while business folk are more… Read full this story
- Watch NBA 2008 Playoffs Online - Watch NBA Games Live Online
- Nolte: Crybaby Hunter Biden Only Regrets Rudy and Trump Exposing Him
- Hotel Accommodations at the Trump Casinos - Read Up on Donald Trump's Empire Before You Go
- How Can We Watch So Much TV?
- Omega Professional Ocean World Replica Watch Review
- Don't Miss Sea World When You Visit Orlando
- Watching a World Poker Tour Has Its Benefits
- Watch Cable Television On Computer - Alternative To All The Cable Channels You Want
- The Many Faces of Designer Watches For Men
- Whale Watching in Tonga - When, Where and How
The Big Read: Will it be Trump or Biden? A weary world is watching have 296 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at November 2, 2020. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.