Reckitt Benckiser has reported record annual sales following high demand for its cleaning products and disinfectants during the coronavirus pandemic. Reckitt Benckiser (RB), which includes the Dettol and Cillit Bang brands in its stable, said group like-for-like sales rose by almost 12% to £14bn during 2020 as consumers sought means to protect themselves from COVID-19 . Its hygiene division saw comparable revenues rise by almost 20% while it also expanded into 40 new markets as production of disinfectant sprays and wipes was ramped up. RB pointed to market share gains for many of its brands, including Durex , and reported that 80% of consumers planned to maintain their purchases of germ protection and disinfection brands. But it predicted group revenues would be flat to slightly higher in the current year as peak demand had been reached – a factor reflected in the share price reaction from investors as the stock was only fractionally up on the day in early afternoon deals. Advertisement The dividend was maintained at 174.6p-per-share too, despite the sales performance. Operating profits fell slightly to £3.3bn as a result of the company’s £750m investment spend. More from Business Heathrow issues plea for budget aid as it dives… Read full this story
- COVID-19 vaccine giant tweets Biden to end US raw materials 'embargo'
- India shifts from mass COVID-19 vaccine exporter to importer
- India’s shift from mass COVID-19 vaccine exporter to importer, worries the world
- JEE Main Admit Card for April 2021 exam to be released with COVID-19 self-declaration form
- New Mastercard report: E-commerce a COVID-19 lifeline for merchants
- COVID-19: Hays Travel calls for price of holidaymaker coronavirus tests to be cut to £30
- Coronavirus cases: Delhi, Maharashtra reports its biggest ever single-day COVID-19 spike
- Rise in prices of pulses, veggies and eatables upsets kitchen budgets during Covid pandemic
- Ocado plans self-driving delivery vehicles and 'kerb to kitchen' robots in Oxbotica tech tie-up
- Workers, teachers join jab priority line
COVID-19: Dettol-maker cleans up as pandemic demand drives record sales have 304 words, post on news.sky.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.