Published 10 November 2021 Share close panel Share page Copy link About sharing By Dougal Shaw Business reporter, BBC News How do you foster team spirit when your 700-person workforce is suddenly working from home? One tech firm boss explains her tactics, for our business advice series, CEO Secrets. Lisa Utzschneider isn’t wearing her baseball cap during our interview by video call, but for internal company meetings at the moment, it would be expected. “Wearing our hats together, as a global organisation, unifies our team,” she says. Her employees – usually based in offices dotted around the world – have been working from home during the past 18 months of the pandemic. As hybrid working becomes the norm this will remain the status quo for the majority for a while, although the New York and London offices, are now open. The caps are a way of “showing up” for work and proving you know everyone is in it together, she says. The pandemic has been a busy time for Ms Utzschneider, who became CEO of Integral Ad Science (IAS) in early 2019. The new job came with many challenges. She swiftly had to pivot company culture to suit lockdown conditions,… Read full this story
- Instagram Goes All Out With New Group Video Calling, Redesigned Explore, Comment Filter And More
- This Startup Is Rethinking the Video Call--for the Benefit of Children
- Elden Ring Reviews Call The Game A Challenging Open-World Masterpiece
- Sacramento City Unified To Keep Mask Requirement In Place Until At Least After Spring Break
- Barbara Taylor Bradford shares her fashion secrets: 'Don't buy cheap clothes'
- ‘Einstein was wrong!’ Scientists’ call for new theory of relativity after black hole find
- Christine Allado keeps up with fashion by shopping in THIS high street store
- ‘You’re secretly ruining them’: Six things to ‘avoid’ cleaning in your dishwasher
- How to make flowers last longer: Why bleach could be the surprising secret ingredient
- Bridgerton Secret Cinema is essential for Netflix fans - but can you discover its secrets?
CEO Secrets: 'Wearing caps on video calls keeps us unified' have 323 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at November 10, 2021. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.