Michael D’Antonio is the author of the book ” Never Enough: Donald Trump and the Pursuit of Success ” and co-author, with Peter Eisner, of the book ” High Crimes: The Corruption, Impunity, and Impeachment of Donald Trump .” The opinions expressed in this commentary are his own. View more opinion on CNN. (CNN) Former President Donald Trump is resorting to a desperate, yet painfully familiar strategy in a bid to hurt President Joe Biden — and he’s trying to enlist the help of Russian President Vladimir Putin to do it. Trump never changes, it seems. He only gets worse, and closer to the extreme point where his gross insensitivity could make him politically irrelevant. In an interview with Just The News, the former President pushed an unproven claim about alleged business dealings in Russia by Biden’s son, Hunter. Trump also urged Putin to release any information he might have on the younger Biden’s business transactions — even though it’s far from clear that the Kremlin has access to any. Seeking Russian help to attack a political foe is a familiar maneuver by Trump. He tried and failed to manufacture a scandal involving Biden’s son in 2019. The difference this… Read full this story
- The Latest: Trump, Putin meeting privately in Helsinki
- Amid investigations and tensions, Trump-Putin going 1-on-1
- Russia Welcomes the World, for Better or Worse
- The World Cup Changed Russia, but for How Long?
- A Chance for Putin to Woo the World, Thanks to Soccer and Trump
- Florida lawmakers blast Trump for not calling out Putin
- Nolte: Bob Woodward’s Book Debunks Media’s Russia Collusion Hoax
- Russian fans to back England after Croatian star's 'Glory to Ukraine' chant
- Gregg Jarrett: The Pelosi-Schiff 'witch hunt' to impeach Trump is an abuse of power
- Sepp Blatter Finalizing Plans to Attend World Cup in Russia
Opinion: Even Russia's ruthless war in Ukraine can't get Trump to give up his Putin fixation have 297 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 31, 2022. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.