Eleven people stole at least 130 cars from streets and parking lots across metro Denver and then used the credit cards and identification documents found inside to commit more crimes, according to a grand jury indictment announced Thursday. Their targeted locations included a Lowes parking lot, an RTD parking lot, hotel parking lots and neighborhood streets. They also broke into dealerships and repair shops, where they entered offices and stole keys to multiple cars, as well as key programmers and anything else of value. If they found credit cards, checkbooks or identification documents, they then tried to use those items to make purchases or commit identity fraud, according to the indictment. Investigators with the Colorado Metropolitan Auto Theft Task Force estimated that the total value of the stolen cars and property exceeded $3.1 million. The thefts spanned the northern Front Range, from Weld County to Douglas County, from Boulder to Aurora. The members of the auto-theft ring, who range in age from 19 to 34, face a combined 74 counts for the thefts and other associated crimes between February 2021 and May 2022. Beyond vehicle theft, the counts include possession of weapons by previous offenders, cybercrime, identity theft, assault and… Read full this story
- Denver crime group known as ‘the Family’ stole 240 identities, $690K in property to feed meth addiction: DA
- FBI: Rare 18th Century Violin Likely Worth over $700K Stolen from L.A. Residence
- Give it Bach! FBI hunts for stolen 18th century violin worth $900,000 after car thief opened unlocked Tesla near art dealer's home and drove off with it
- Kim Kardashian ditches her $1.3m engagement ring and 'hires celebrity lawyer Laura Wasser to end her six-year marriage to Kanye West after months of living separate lives'
- David and Victoria Beckham 'flew via private jet to Miami with their children to ring in the New Year at Brooklyn's fiancée Nicola Peltz's £30M mansion'
- Stolen identities set stage for unemployment scams in Colorado and elsewhere
- Best Alexa Devices 2021
- These are the best cheap Amazon Echo deals for January 2021
- Best baby products for the first six months - tried and tested essentials for 2021
- Tesla to enter India in 2021: Nitin Gadkari
Denver auto-theft ring responsible for at least 130 stolen cars worth more than $3 million since 2021, indictment alleges have 347 words, post on www.denverpost.com at May 19, 2022. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.