Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin Topline The U.S. on Wednesday reported more than 200,000 Covid-19 cases for the first time since February, according to a tracker run by Johns Hopkins University, as multiple lineages of the highly infectious omicron variant of the coronavirus, as the country finds itself in the middle of another growing wave of infections. Key Facts According to the JHU tracker, the U.S. reported a total of 208,383 new Covid-19 cases on Wednesday—the highest it has been since February 11—along with 943 deaths. Experts are concerned the U.S. may be on the cusp of a sixth wave of infections fueled by omicron subvariants, the Associated Press reports . During a White House briefing , CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky urged local governments to encourage mask-wearing in public places and other mitigation strategies like increased testing to prevent another wave across the country. Walensky noted that the Northeast, Eastern Corridor and upper Midwest regions of the country are witnessing increased cases and hospitalizations, an area where nearly one-third of the American population lives. At the same briefing, Dr. Ashish Jha, the coordinator of the White House's Covid-19 task force, said the "use of rapid tests is a… Read full this story
- UK tax burden will soar to highest level for 30 years, warns IFS
- Dengue cases highest in Gujarat and Karnataka
- Petrol price gouging at highest level on record
- Crime figures: Homicides hit highest level in a decade as knife offences increase
- UPDATE 2-Canada raises capital buffer for banks to highest level as risks mount
- MTA Officials: Subway On-Time Performance Hits Highest Level Since 2013
- Theresa May warns a fresh terror attack is feared to be IMMINENT as she raises threat level to critical and orders 5,000 troops onto the streets after attack by British-born Libyan Salman Abedi
- Donald Trump calls former FBI leaders 'dirty cops' in wake of damning inspector general's report into eavesdropping warrant on his former campaign aide
- No country in Europe hit crucial flu vaccination targets among older people last winter, report reveals
- Sexual And Domestic Violence Cases Surge In U.K.
U.S. Reports More Than 200,000 Covid Cases—Highest Level Since February have 340 words, post on www.forbes.com at May 19, 2022. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.