Barring further action by the Baker School Board, Superintendent De’Ette Perry is on her way out. While the plan to rebuild a flooded school was the main thing on the board’s agenda Monday night , the panel voted 3-2 against a proposal to extend Perry’s contract through the middle of 2024. Unless the board changes its mind over the next year, Perry's tenure will end June 30, 2023. Perry took over Baker in January 2021 as acting superintendent and, after a brief search, was made permanent superintendent that May. Her contract was set at two years so it wouldn’t go too far into the term of the next Baker school board, which will take office this January. The Baker chapter of the Louisiana Association of Educators sent a letter in early May, in conjunction with the statewide teacher organization, urging the Baker board to go further: buying out Perry's contract early and beginning the hunt for her replacement. The letter said Perry has taken away "autonomy & decision-making ability" from leaders at its five schools, has shown "unpleasant behavior towards employees" and has aroused concerns with her "educational and fiscal direction." Renita Whitrack, LAE's UniServ director for the Baton Rouge region,… Read full this story
- Pittsburgh Public Schools Board Tables Plan To Close 7 Schools And 6 Buildings
- East Baton Rouge School Board advances plan for school mergers, moves and expansions
- Union rejects plans to extend school day to make up for Covid closures
- EBR schools Superintendent Warren Drake pulls some school merger proposals after residents object
- EBRP School Board approves contract
- San Francisco SUES its own school district and board of education to get 'kids back in classrooms as quickly as possible' amid COVID shutdown
- SCCL board approves contribution of ₹10 per tonne of coal for pension fund
- No more tiers? Regional Covid-19 curbs could be scrapped under plan to ease restrictions on a national basis when lockdown ends
- Biden says he will push forward with $1.9 trillion COVID relief plan WITHOUT Republican support and warns of the 'cost of inaction'
- CBSE Board Class 10, 12 Exam Date Sheet 2021 released: Check details
Baker superintendent on way out after board rejects plan to extend contract to 2024 have 349 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at June 28, 2022. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.