Representative Liz Cheney , a Wyoming Republican, said Sunday that the House select committee investigating last year’s Capitol riot could make multiple criminal referrals in connection with former President Donald Trump ‘s actions on January 6, 2021. The congresswoman’s comments come as the committee has held a series of prime-time public hearings, including one on Tuesday in which Cassidy Hutchinson, a former top aide to ex-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, alleged that Trump tried to grab the steering wheel of the presidential limousine when he was told he couldn’t join his supporters at the Capitol during the insurrection. During the interview on ABC ‘s This Week , host Jonathan Karl asked Cheney, the vice chair of the January 6 committee, if she believes the hearings have “demonstrated that Donald Trump needs to be prosecuted.” “Ultimately the Justice Department will decide that. I think we may well as a committee have a view on that, and if you just think about it from the perspective of what kind of man knows that a mob is armed and sends the mob to attack the Capitol…It’s very chilling and I think certainly we will continue to present to the American people… Read full this story
- Trump faces bipartisan calls for answers on Russian-offered bounties
- A Line-by-Line Analysis of the Hilarious ‘Case for Trump’
- Donald Trump rails against the 'continuation of the witch hunt' as Manhattan DA reveals he is probing the Trump Organization for 'insurance and bank fraud' and 'pattern of financial misconduct'
- Trump Ends ‘Presidential’ Phase by Claiming, Without Evidence, That Obama Wiretapped Him
- Trump is fighting the wrong war
- A lost summer: How Trump fell short in confronting the virus
- Joe Biden, Kamala Harris lash Donald Trump in introduction of historic VP pick
- Ex-Trump Lawyer Michael Cohen Gets 3 Years In Prison
- Trump denies intention to delay November election after raising possibility
- ‘Nobody’s Getting My Money Now’: Die-Hard Trump Supporters Say They’re Fed Up With The GOP’s Text Spam
Liz Cheney touts Jan. 6 evidence, says Trump criminal referrals possible have 325 words, post on www.newsweek.com at July 3, 2022. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.