WASHINGTON—New York City has long been considered America's top big city in terms of population, economy and other factors. Now it has a new distinction as America's Worst Sanctuary City, based on data compiled by the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI). The Big Apple was the second-worst sanctuary community in IRLI's last such ranking in 2019. Since then, the city has doubled down on its dangerous sanctuary policies to earn the shameful top position. These communities have earned their places on this list because of incredibly poor leadership at the city, county and state levels. Data overwhelmingly shows that sanctuary policies lead to more crime, fear and death. The leaders of these communities should not escape accountability for the damage they have caused. Their residents deserve much more. "Sanctuary policies only provide sanctuary to criminals, not to immigrant communities," said Tom Homan, IRLI senior fellow and former acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). "Immigrant communities don't want criminals in their neighborhoods either. Victims and witnesses of crime don't want the offender back in their communities to seek revenge. All communities deserve protection from criminals but sanctuary policies put immigrant communities at greater risk of crime." Sanctuary communities refuse… Read full this story
- Trump May Have America, But the City Is Still Ours
- How inequality limits reproductive rights in Latin America
- Story of cities #16: how the US-run Canal Zone divided Panama for a century
- EXCLUSIVE-U.S. slashed CDC staff inside China prior to coronavirus outbreak
- DirecTV, Disney, Discovery, NatGeo Open Access to Joint School Channel, Escuela Plus (EXCLUSIVE)
- Breathe less … or ban cars: cities have radically different responses to pollution
- The complete travel guide to Brazil's World Cup cities
- Debate: should we ban cars from city centres?
- The fallen metropolis: the collapse of Caracas, the jewel of Latin America
- Europe loses 'world's most expensive city' crown to Asia
Exclusive--Wilcox: America's 10 Most Dangerous Sanctuary Cities have 316 words, post on www.breitbart.com at August 16, 2022. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.