Friends of Amy Winehouse are furious with the makers of an upcoming biopic for failing to consult them about the star's life. They claim that executives working on Back To Black have not been in touch to ask about their memories of the late singer, raising fears that the film will be inaccurate. One told The Mail on Sunday that they are also unhappy at the casting of Marisa Abela – star of the BBC 's risqué drama Industry – because, despite the near perfect wig she wears and the identical tattoos, they do not think she looks like the Rehab singer. They also contrast Roedean-educated Ms Abela's social background with London-born Ms Winehouse, who was known for her streetwise persona. Friends of Winehouse claim that executives working on Back To Black haven’t been in touch to ask about their memories of the late singer, raising fears that the film will be inaccurate RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Industry’s Marisa Abela transforms into Amy Winehouse as she… Industry’s Marisa Abela transforms into Amy Winehouse while… Share this article 'Nobody consulted us about Amy,' said the friend. 'How can it be authentic and accurate if they don't know the real Amy… Read full this story
- The real 'Good Nurse': I helped catch serial killer Charles Cullen
- Don’t tell me Navy top brass didn’t know about toxic abuse, writes JENNI MURRAY
- Ask Amy: Sister-in-law is a persistent mis-namer
- Here’s What Matthew Perry Has to Say About Various Celebrities in His Memoir
- Hennessy and Friends With Benefits DAO Team Up For Exclusive NFT Drop, ‘Café 11’
- Ask Amy: A couple’s birth control becomes a conversation
- "Good Nurse" Amy Loughren on Charles Cullen's motives: "Not a mercy killer"
- Don’t know how to stream ‘Thursday Night Football’? Don’t worry: The Ravens can relate.
- 10 ways to ask for help instead of saying ‘I’m fine’ when you’re struggling with depression
- I fell pregnant at 14 – I don’t regret being a teen mum, my daughter is my best friend
'How can it be authentic if they don't know the real Amy?': Why didn't Winehouse biopic makers ask us about her, say friends have 343 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 22, 2023. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.