For free real time breaking news alerts sent straight to your inbox sign up to our breaking news emails Sign up to our free breaking news emails A hearty and easy way to feed a crowd, chili is an ideal addition to a Super Bowl party. But to add interest to this savory winter staple, we reach for an ingredient from the baking world. This recipe from our book "Cook What You Have," which draws on pantry staples to assemble easy, weeknight meals, has all the usual suspects: ground meat, beans, cumin, chili powder, tomato and onion. But it also has one unconventional ingredient — cocoa powder. At least, it's unconventional in most of the country. In Cincinnati , cocoa and other warm spices, such as cinnamon and allspice, are common components of chili (as is spaghetti, but we skipped that this time). Just a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder adds surprising depth and complexity —without making the dish taste like chocolate. Because cocoa is a fermented product, it adds a subtle richness that builds on the umami of a generous amount of tomato paste. To create a flavor-packed chili using just eight ingredients, we're not shy about the seasonings…. Read full this story
- Savvy dad reveals his mouthwatering 'best ever' sausage roll recipe - and his secret ingredients might surprise you
- Plus-Size Porn models expose disturbing requests - incest, squashing and beans
- Joe Thomas Says Baker Mayfield's Trash Talk Makes Him a Better Player
- IPL 2020: Where new brands are born and old brands...
- Dreading the winter months? Cheer yourself up with these tasty comfort food recipes you can make in UNDER half an hour
- Four Weeknight Dishes: You deserve this pasta
- Mum, 29, who lost 21kg through meal prepping reveals the money-saving recipe she swears by - and it can be used three different ways
- Eat Vietnam – how to become a local
- A 'cheat' night without the guilt: Foodies go wild for Rachael Finch's VERY simple healthy nachos recipe
- Eat yourself younger by making good food choices which slow signs of ageing
Eight-ingredient beef, bean chili hides Super Bowl surprise have 338 words, post on www.independent.co.uk at February 6, 2023. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.