Thousands of people are reported dead in Turkey and Syria following two earthquakes that rocked the region on Monday. The 7.8-magnitude earthquake that struck shortly after 4 am was one of the strongest to hit Turkey over the last hundred years, leading to scores of buildings and homes being flattened into rubble. Later in the afternoon, a 7.5-magnitude shaker hit the southeastern part of the country. More than 2,300 people reportedly died after the quakes rocked the region, sending tremors as far away as Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, and Egypt. The United States Geological Survey (USGS) noted the affected population resides in structures that are extremely vulnerable to earthquake shaking. The report said that "high casualties and extensive damage are probable and the disaster is likely widespread." According to the USGS's early estimates , there is a 47% chance of that the earthquake will have killed between 1,000 to 10,000 people and a 20% chance of that the earthquake could have killed between 10,000 and 100,000. One of the most stunning scenes filmed in the aftermath was a fire that reportedly broke out at a gas line. Merkez üssü Kahramanmaraş'ın Pazarcık ilçesi olan 7.4 büyüklüğünde deprem sonrası yangın çıktı https://t.co/nXOxjTD6Uo pic.twitter.com/3VqsgGyrZX… Read full this story
- Iran, Russia Working To Oust U.S. Forces From Syria, Classified Docs Say | The Daily Wire
- Spirit of Middle East Protests Doesn’t Spare Israel
- Videos show extraordinary rescues in Syria in the earthquake's dire aftermath
- Videos show Turkey's Erdogan boasted letting builders avoid earthquake codes
- Tina Turner, Magnetic Singer of Explosive Power, Is Dead at 83
- A Deep-Diving Sub. A Deadly Fire. And Russia’s Secret Undersea Agenda.
- We live in city hooked on deadly Black Mamba drug & made notorious by BBC documentary…‘zombies’ are taking over
- Erdogan Declares Victory on Bus Roof in Violent Turkish Presidential Election
- Israeli strikes in Gaza kill 15, including 3 senior commanders of the Islamic Jihad
- In Gaza, It Is 'as if Ramadan Has Not Yet Come'
Thousands Dead After Massive Earthquakes Rock The Middle East | The Daily Wire have 327 words, post on www.dailywire.com at February 6, 2023. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.