close Video Sasquatch watch: Bigfoot ‘sightings’ over the years Though no definitive proof exists, ‘sightings’ of Bigfoot have been reported all over the U.S., as recently as in January. There are mysterious creatures of urban legend in U.S. and Canadian regions that have stood the test of time, both fascinating and frightening those who encounter the folklore surrounding them. These creatures, known as “cryptids,” are reported throughout the United States and Canada. They play a significant cultural role in the history of many cultures and small towns. Here’s a quick explainer — followed by a deep dive into four of them. 'Cryptid' explained A “cryptid” is defined as “an animal (such as Sasquatch or the Loch Ness Monster) that has been claimed to exist but never proven to exist,” says Merriam-Webster. 4 SPOOKY DESTINATIONS IN AMERICA YOU’VE LIKELY NEVER HEARD OF Stories of cryptids are popular for a multitude of reasons, Dr. Angus Kress Gillespie, a professor of American studies at Rutgers University in New Jersey , told Fox News Digital. “We all love stories because they fire our imagination and they give us a break from our daily routines,” said Gillespie. While the Loch Ness Monster is perhaps the most… Read full this story
- Primordial fear: why radiation is so scary
- North Korea: A nuclear 7-Eleven?
- DEEP C III: Ambition to Become Real Eco Park
- Aliens threaten Ha Noi legend
- A land both real and imaginary
- Obama confronts Xi on cyber theft, affinity found on North Korea
- Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City?
- WHAT'S ON NOVEMBER 15-30 (DAILY UPDATE)
- Sacred turtle returned to Hanoi lake
- Scientists: Mysterious Kennewick Man looked Polynesian and came from far away
Legend or real? Here are 4 scary creatures that some believe inhabit North America have 274 words, post on www.foxnews.com at March 21, 2023. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.