While the San Francisco Bay Area recovers from the winds and rains that soaked and battered the region Tuesday, local meteorologists are setting their sights on the next storm , which is expected to drench California yet again early next week. It’s too early to nail down the details of the forecast, but the National Weather Service’s Monterey office said that weather models are in “remarkable agreement” that another storm will develop off the California coast on Monday and Tuesday — and “the cumulative precipitation could be substantial and accompanying winds strong and gusty.” Tuesday’s storm was driven by an area of low pressure that deepened and intensified rapidly, kicking up exceptionally powerful winds as it moved directly over San Francisco. Dangerous gusts knocked over trees, killing five people in the Bay Area. There’s indication that this next system could also see rapid pressure drops. “It’s looking like another heavy rain-wind producer for next week,” Rick Canepa, a forecaster with the weather service, told SFGATE on Thursday afternoon. BEST OF SFGATE Travel | I went to Yosemite National Park for firefall — and almost missed it | This San Francisco-made film helped launch the porn industry Local | What it’s… Read full this story
- Rain, Strong Winds Expected On Halloween For Much Of New England
- Dry start to autumn in San Francisco Bay Area: Is this unusual?
- Queensland storms: Roofs lost as hail, strong winds hit Fernvale
- Minnesota Weather: Storms Featuring Strong Winds, Hail Sweep Through MN, WI
- Why the San Francisco Bay Area suddenly got so foggy this week
- Alone in the Dark in the Bay Area
- UK weather forecast: Heavy rain and winds cause chaos as major storm approaches
- Mid-Week Storm Will Bring Heavy Rain, Potentially Damaging Winds
- Storm Eva will batter Britain with rain and wind up to 70mph in run up to Christmas
- Storm Nakri weakens, but to bring heavy rain to central Vietnam
Next storm could bring 'substantial' rain and strong winds to Bay Area have 310 words, post on www.sfgate.com at March 23, 2023. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.