A 67-year-old Auckland real estate agent has been sentenced to five years and eight months imprisonment for multiple sexual offences against two pre-teen girls who considered him their grandfather. Both girls were between the ages of 11 and 12 when they were indecently assaulted. He attempted to rape one of the girls as well. He previously pleaded guilty to charges including indecent assault, attempted rape and unlawful sexual connection. Judge Evangelos Thomas said the offences were an "outrageous betrayal" which would have a significant impact on the two girls through their lives. One of the girls was the man's step granddaughter, while the other considered him her grandfather, Judge Thomas said. "It's not the touching so much that causes the harm, but the depths of that betrayal, a 12 or 13-year-old doesn't understand that." Judge Thomas granted the man permanent name suppression to protect the identity of his victims, and noted the man had never sought suppression for himself. The offending occurred three years ago and continued for "an extended period of time" until the man handed himself in to police. Defence lawyer Paul Borich KC said his client was sorry for what he had done to the children. "The… Read full this story
- Woman refused real estate licence over $10 wine theft gets conviction overturned
- More Than 170 Criminal Illegal Aliens Arrested in Sanctuary Cities, Including Convicted Sex Offenders
- The NYC exodus: Fleet of moving trucks arrive in the Upper West Side and dozens wait in line to hire U-Hauls as residents reeling from lockdown and the surge in homeless people call it quits
- Deadly Terror Networks And Drug Cartels Use Huge Banks To Finance Their Crimes. These Secret Documents Show How The Banks Profit.
- Lone Star Crazy: How Right-Wing Extremists Took Over Texas
- Jeffrey Epstein's Infamous Palm Beach House for Sale at $22M
- Scott Galloway pivots to stardom
- Navalny’s No. 2 Suspects ‘Putin’s Chef’ Ordered Novichok Hit on Opposition Leader
- 'I knew I had to end it': Wife of 'Naughty Tory' MP Charlie Elphicke - who inherited his seat in a coup - said she planned to leave him all along and only supported him during his trial because she feared he might kill himself
- The 100 best films on Amazon Prime to watch right now
'Outrageous betrayal': Real estate agent jailed for sexually offending against granddaughters have 378 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at March 24, 2023. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.