close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for March 27 Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com. New Jersey’s attorney general said Monday that his office has taken control of the police department in the state’s third-largest city, Paterson, less than a month after officers there fatally shot a well-known crisis intervention worker during a tense standoff. Attorney General Matt Platkin said at a news conference that his office had assumed control of all police functions without delay, including the division that investigates internal police matters. His announcement didn’t mention the shooting of 31-year-old Najee Seabrooks directly, but it reflected activists’ concerns about how the department was being run. “There is a crisis of confidence in law enforcement in this city,” he said to brief cheers and calls of “Thank you” from the audience. “Something has to change, and it will change starting now. Earlier this morning, I exercised my authority as attorney general and superseded the Paterson Police Department.” NEW JERSEY ANTI-VIOLENCE WORKER SHOT BY POLICE AFTER EMERGING FROM APARTMENT WITH KNIFE Platkin said the takeover amounted to a “pledge” to residents and officers that the state is committed to safety in the… Read full this story
- 8th Child Dies at New Jersey Medical Facility After Viral Outbreak: Health Department
- New Jersey police attended a very questionable seminar on Islam
- Help New Jersey Police Find The Car That Fled A Fatal Bike Crash
- New Jersey Driver Crashes Mini On Pedestrian Path Mistaken For Road
- NYC bombing suspect Ahmad Khan Rahami taken into custody after shootout in New Jersey
- A Breakthrough for New Jersey
- Kushner's Plans to Build New Jersey 'Twin Towers' is in Danger of Falling Through
- Anti-Semitic Banner Draped Over Holocaust Memorial in New Jersey
- Fallout Swift After New Jersey DJs Call Attorney General 'Turban Man'
- Newark, NJ, Fraternal Order of Police Fights Hard to Stop Civilian Review Board
New Jersey AG announces state takeover of Paterson Police Department have 312 words, post on www.foxnews.com at March 27, 2023. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.