South Korean police have detained a man who opened the door of an Asiana Airlines plane minutes before it was due to land in the city of Daegu, causing panic among the passengers. Key points: A male passenger allegedly opened the emergency door when the plane was 200 metres off the ground Footage from inside the plane shows wind rushing in to the cabin Nine passengers, all teenagers, were sent to hospital after suffering breathing issues The Airbus A321-200 plane landed safely at around 12:40pm local time. It had set off from the holiday island of Jeju an hour earlier, the airport’s flight schedule showed. Nine passengers, all teenagers, were sent to hospital after suffering breathing issues, a Daegu fire department official said. “I thought the plane was going to explode … It looked like passengers next to the open door were fainting,” an unidentified 44-year-old passenger told the Yonhap News Agency. The passenger said the cabin crew had made an in-flight announcement asking if there were any doctors on board. Loading Twitter content A video, reported to have been shot by a passenger, showed the moments before the landing, with a door open and wind rushing in as passengers sat… Read full this story
- Plane chaos as British holidaymaker 'tries to open emergency door' mid-flight
- Fetty Wap addresses fans and haters after 'scary' experience on mid-air flight: 'Thank you to everybody that cared'
- Royal fans horrified as Queen's jet rocked by brutal lightning and hail blasts in MID AIR
- Royal plane crashes: Grisly scenes, spooky conspiracy theories and tragedies unearthed
- Last moments of crashed Nepal plane's flight through 'world's most dangerous route'
- Oxford Street emergency: Londoners in rush hour panic as police and paramedics swarm area
- 'God helped me', says passenger who landed plane without flying knowledge: WATCH
- Reason flight attendants stare during boarding – it's not because they fancy you
- I’m a flight attendant and there are five kinds of passengers I hate the most
- Can you get money back for a cancelled flight? What you need to know about your rights
'I thought the plane was going to explode': Emergency door opened mid-air during Korean flight have 335 words, post on www.abc.net.au at May 26, 2023. This is cached page on Search. If you want remove this page, please contact us.