#AhmedabadUttarayan 2021: Amit Shah flies kite in Ahmedabad
#AhmedabadGSHSEB 10th, 12th board exam 2021 likely dates
#AhmedabadNow, mysterious ‘monolith’ surfaces in park in Ahmedabad
#AhmedabadWho is Louis Kahn? Find out why IIM-Ahmedabad wants to raze 14 dormitories designed by him
#AhmedabadFIR lodged as Rs 5.24 crore of Statue of Unity’s ticket sale siphoned off
#AhmedabadCurfew fears trigger panic buying in Ahmedabad
- Movies Rakhi Sawant Hosts A Bigg Boss 14 Party: Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Sonali Phogat & Others Attend
- Sports Shaw to lead Mumbai in Vijay Hazare knockouts
- Education Karnataka SSLC Exam 2021: SSLC Exams In Karnataka To Start From June 21. Check Class 10 Board Exam Details
- Automobiles Car Sales Report For February 2021: Hyundai Registers Over 26 Percent Yearly Growth In Sales
- Technology Unknown Xiaomi Smartphone Leaks With 50MP Camera; Likely To Be Mi 11 Ultra
- Finance Best Tax Saving FDs With Good Returns Up To 7.25%
- Lifestyle Love Playing With Colours? Then Janhvi Kapoor And Pooja Hegde’s Multicolour Fashion Pieces Are For You!
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In March
Ahmedabad, Mar 01 : A woman allegedly committed suicide by jumping into the Sabarmati river in Ahmedabad in Gujarat soon after recording a video on her mobile phone, leading to her husband being booked for abetment to suicide, police said on Monday.
The incident took place on February 25 and police identified the victim as Ayesha Khan (23) who also spoke to her husband and parents before taking the extreme step, an official said.
According to the FIR lodged by her father Liyakatali Makrani at Sabarmati Riverfront (West) police station a day later, Ayesha”s husband Arif Babukhan inflicted mental torture on her and told her “die if you want to, and send me a video”.
In the video, which went viral on social media, Ayesha can be heard saying she is not taking the step under any pressure.
As per police, she told her parents she did not want her husband in her life anymore and that she was tired of life.
A Sabarmati Riverfront (West) police station official said Arif Babukhan is yet to be arrested and probe into the incident continued.