If you love horror games, you should be excited about the Xbox Series X. Horror is a gaming genre that particularly benefits from advances in graphics support for lighting, speedy loading times, and extra detail on the screen. If you’re getting chills just thinking about it, we’ve got the list for you: These games are works of excellent horror on the Series X or specifically enhanced for Series X gameplay!
- The best free Xbox Series X games
- Every Xbox Series X game that supports ray tracing
- The best upcoming Xbox Series X games
Survival horror has had an excellent few years, and The Persistence is a great example of how fine-tuned the genre has become. The setting will probably be familiar to you: You are on a dying spaceship desperately trying to survive, and a number of horror-inducing monstrosities are trying to do unspeakable things to you. However, several things make Persistence unique. It uses a roguelike cycle where you run expeditions into the ship, which constantly changes in layout, items, and upgrades. There’s a stealth system that requires you to hide in the darkness, and a shield system that focuses more on living through attacks than fighting back. This game takes its horror seriously, and the Series X enhancement is just icing on the cake (plus it plays well in VR).
- The best co-op games on Nintendo Switch
- The best RPGs on iOS and iPadOS in 2022: Diablo, Star Wars, and more
- Fall Guys cross-platform support: Everything we know
- The best gaming keyboards for 2022
- The best SSDs for 2022