Channel your inner Lucy Ricardo & hit the road. Tickets are on sale for the 25th annual Julian Grape Stomp Festa at Menghini Winery.
Susan C. Schena , Patch Staff
JULIAN, CA — Heads up, adventurous vino lovers! Menghini Winery is hosting an old-world grape stomp next month in Julian, a one-time, mining town near San Diego.
The 25th annual Julian Grape Stomp Festa, a family-friendly event, is set for Saturday, Sept. 3 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. And tickets are on sale.
Sponsored by the Julian Chamber of Commerce, admission is $20, and includes a wine glass for those 21 and up. The day also offers wine tastings, food, shopping opportunities and live music.
Menghini Winery is a family-0wned operation run by husband-and-wife duo, Michael and Toni Menghini, in the Cuyamaca mountains. The vineyard property features picnic grounds and is surrounded by apple orchards.
For area lodging options, see a few below or find additional suggestions here .
- Julian Gold Rush Hotel , a bed and breakfast decorated with American period antiques, including canopy beds, armoires, and beautiful quilts.
- Orchard Hill Country Inn , a boutique hotel with full breakfast and complimentary afternoon hors d’oeuvres.
- Julian Lodge Mountain Retreat , built in 1885 and near restaurants and shops.
- Banner Ranch , a 62-acre property with themed tiny houses and covered wagons offered for overnight stays.
FOR MORE WINERY ADVENTURES THROUGHOUT CALIFORNIA:
- Book A Stay At New Paso Robles Vineyard Farmhouse
- Add Shannon Family Of Wines To Your Travel Agenda
- Tour Temecula In ‘Real Housewives’-Style
- Multi Tasting Rooms, 1 Locale In Healdsburg
- See The Vineyards Sidecar-Style In Napa & Sonoma
- Enjoy Wine, Chocolate & Meet A Camel
- Where Wine Pairs With Classic Cars
Get more local news delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for free Patch newsletters and alerts.
The rules of replying:
- Be respectful.
- Be transparent.
- Keep it local and relevant.
- Review the Patch Community Guidelines.