LOVE Island fans are frankly fed up with the contestants’ “cringe” salon codes used as a hint they’ve had sex.
One even went as far as to brand the beauty salon talk “disgusting”, with others suggesting this year’s analogy for frisky antics is “terrible.”
The following morning bombshell Ekin-Su asked: “What was going on, did you have a manicure or something?”
This led Indiyah to add: “Was that the beauty salon?”
Paige played along as she replied “No absolutely not, no beauty salon treatments last night girls.
“Come on, keeping it classy.”
After the recent instalment of the bizarre chat, fans took to Twitter in frustration.
One wrote: “This salon talk makes no sense #LoveIsland.”
A second added after another chat: “What is Danica talking about opening her freelance beauty salon? I’m so confused by the analogy now, is she just gonna w**k them all off or what #loveisland.”
Most read in Love Island
A third admitted: “Every time they mention the beauty salon, a little bit of my soul dies #loveisland.”
One bluntly added: “The beauty salon talk is disgusting
Another confessed: “This beauty salon analogy they’re using this season is terrible. #loveisland.”
Sex codes have been ever-present in the Love Island series’, with the 2020 instalment referring to breakfast foods.
It saw them use the word tomato when referring to touching breasts and avocado meaning clothes off and straight down to business.
Last year, the girls’ sex code to describe events happening between couples under the sheets was developed by Faye .
In the real world, there are five NVQ levels offering a work-based way of learning in schools, colleges and workplaces.
However, in the Love Island villa, they are used to grade the level of bedroom gymnastics between couples, and they were as follows:
- Entry Level NVQ – A snog
- NVQ1 – Sexual act using hands
- NVQ2 – Oral
- NVQ3 – Full on sex
Meanwhile, the boys football codes were selected by Toby , who plays football outside of the villa for Hashtag United, a semi-professional club based in Essex.
Love Island 2022: Meet the islanders
Read all the latest Love Island news, gossip and exclusives
- Meet the Love Island cast of 2022
- Who is contestant Paige Thorne ?
- Who is deaf Islander Tasha Ghouri ?
- Meet Michael Owen’s daughter Gemma
- Who is Charlie Radnedge ?
- Antigoni Buxton will be looking to win the prize
- Who is Indiyah Polack ?
- Meet Islander Davide Sanclimenti
- Who is Ekin-Su Cülcüloğlu ?
- Who is tattooed hunk Luca Bish ?
- Meet microbiologist Dami Hope
- Jay Younger is in it to win it
- Who is Danica Taylor ?
- Andrew Le Page will look to scoop the prize
- Who is Jacques O’Neill ?
- Take a look at the new-look Love Island villa
All the latest Love Island news, gossip and exclusives
The sex codes the boys used to describe the action were as follows:
- One nill – An act performed on one person
- Handball – Sexual act using hands
- Header – Oral
- Streaker on the pitch – Full on nudity